Wes Edens is known for being one of the founders of Fortress Investment Group(FIG). His full name is Wesley Robert Edens and he was born in Oct. 30, 1961. He is currently based in New York. He is an American by nationality. He got a BSc in Finance and Business Administration from Oregon State University in 1984.
He is into private equity investment and hedge fund management. At some point he partnered with another business mogul to buy a sport team-Milwaukee Bucks. He is married to Lynn Edens and they have 4 children. He is also holding different positions in several notable organizations. He is currently the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer of Newcastle Investment Holdings LLC. He is among the board of trustees of U.S. Ski and Snowboard Team Foundation. His current positions have been listed below.
- He is the Co-Chairman and Principal of Fortress Credit Corporation
- He is the Chairman of the Board, New Senior Investment Group Inc. since 1999
- He is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Fortress Registered Investment Trust since 2002
- Wes Edens has been the current Chairman Drive Shack Inc. since 2004
- He has been the Chairman of Mapeley Limited since 2008
- He is the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Florida East Coast Holdings Corp, a position he assumed in 2010
- He was appointed the Chairman of the Board, OneMain Holdings Inc. in 2010 and he is still the Chairman
- He has been the Chairman of the Board, Springleaf Finance Corporation since 2010
- He became the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Springleaf Finance Inc. in 2013
- He is also the current Chairman of New Media Investment Group Inc.
He served in different capacities in Fortress Investment Group despite being a co-founder. He was the Chief Executive officer from April 1998 to July 22, 2003. In addition to all the positions listed above, he also has numerous affiliations. Talking about his early life, he began his remarkable career in 1987 at Lehman Brothers where he was the partner and managing director. He held the position from 1987 to 1993 before joining BlackRock’s private equity division where he served as a partner and managing director since then till 1997. His love for sports made him buy off Milwaukee Bucks and at the time of purchase, he promised to get a plan for a new arena for the team and also have the arena built within a few years. He also said he envisaged that the new facility will cost about $400 million. Overall, Wes Edens is a successful business man in whatever terms you want to put it and he is still not resting on his oars.
Learn more: https://www.crunchbase.com/person/wes-edens