LocationSmart Provides Geolocation Benefits
If your business has not yet taken advantage of IP geolocation services, you could be missing out on opportunities to improve various aspects of your business, such as your customer service, marketing strategies, and cybersecurity.
More and more IP geolocation services are providing businesses new ways to gain insight to optimize their target market and to troubleshoot asset and inventory concerns. Companies such as LocationSmart can greatly benefit your business.
What is IP Geolocation?
IP addresses can reveal a lot about the whereabouts and activities of a person – down to within a few miles of a person’s physical location. However, when used with a geolocation software, companies such as LocationSmart can pinpoint a location down to the zip code. Read more: LocationSmart | Wikipedia and LocationSmart | Capterra
While this sounds disturbing, most businesses use this information not to find your identity or address, but to develop statistical strategies for a given market location.
How Can IP Geolocation Benefit Businesses?
There are many ways that services such as LocationSmart can benefit a business.
- If a business operates in an industry with heavy regulation such as online gambling or sports betting, being able to identify their users as physically within state borders is essential to complying with state laws and regulations.
- If someone is trying to access your business database from an unapproved location, IP geolocation can activate safety precautions such as requesting additional authorization. For example, if an executive is traveling and trying to access business files from an unauthorized location, he or she may be prompted to enter additional authentication information to verify his or her identity.
- By obtaining real-time data about their customers, businesses can customize ads with services, products, discounts, and promotions that the customer is currently interested in.
- Your network and assets will be safer with IP geolocation. Anybody logged into the network can be verified and tracked through the network. Real-time monitoring can alert you if an abnormal task has started.
- IP geolocation can help you track where and when your streaming media is being accessed.
LocationSmart is a location-as-a-service (LaaS) company originally founded as TechnoCom Location Platform in 1995 in Carlsbad, California. LocationSmart provides IP geolocation services on a secure, cloud-based platform for businesses and enterprises. Its near real-time location service is provided to companies such as AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, as well as other enterprises and Fortune 500 companies.
There are many other ways IP geolocation can be applied to a business’s marketing strategy. Regardless of how you intend to use IP geolocation to improve your business, LocationSmart offers a wide range of services, applications, and support that can help take your business to the next level.
Learn more about LocationSmart: